Search found 29 matches

by Spera219
04 Feb 2019, 22:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Acquiring certified copies for great grandparents
Replies: 11
Views: 3233

Re: Acquiring certified copies for great grandparents

I had no problem with getting a NJ birth and marriage cert for my wife. What year did they get married?

On my wife's GPs certificate it was indexed incorrectly so it took a long time to find. But luckily the information on the certificate was correct.
by Spera219
28 Jan 2019, 22:29
Topic: Wife's Documentation
Replies: 2
Views: 879

Re: Wife's Documentation

Thanks what I was thinking.

Sent the letter out today, so lets hope.
by Spera219
26 Jan 2019, 23:10
Topic: Wife's Documentation
Views: 879

Wife's Documentation

Well almost done with acquiring all my docs for my citizen application. I have some name change issues that i'll need to work out, but I think I'm in good shape. Anyway, my original plan was to gain citizenship and then get my wife's through me. It seems faster and less hassle. Since the change in l...
by Spera219
15 Jan 2019, 23:56

No problem ordering a death cert for dual citizenship through PA vital records. I also asked about ordering a birth certificate and they said as long as you have all the correct information to locate the record it shouldn't be an issue. I could have picked up the birth certs tomorrow or have them ma...
by Spera219
12 Jan 2019, 21:45

In Pennsylvania birth and death records after 1906 are centralized with the State. https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/certificates/Pages/Vital%20Records.aspx I'm heading to one of the offices next week to order a bunch of my records and one is a death certificate for my great grandfather. I will let y...
by Spera219
05 Dec 2018, 22:35
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Very Surprising Results
Replies: 17
Views: 10274

Re: Very Surprising Results

As ancestry does updates I’m shifting all over the place. After receiving and email about an update today I decided to take a look. It now says 42% Irish, 24% Italian, 23% French and then small percentages from virtually every other country in Western Europe. This has changed with every ancestry upd...
by Spera219
09 Nov 2018, 17:05
Topic: Philly Consulate?
Replies: 0
Views: 1070

Philly Consulate?

The documents I need for my application are coming in faster than I expected. Woo who! My appointment is September 2019 and was wondering if anyone had luck with getting an earlier, cancelled, appointment at the Philadelphia consulate? Also, I noticed my reservation says “To be confirmed”. Do I need...
by Spera219
01 Oct 2018, 00:33
Topic: Name change petition
Replies: 5
Views: 1864

Re: Name change petition

They said they didn’t know how contact the courts. So far they’ve been less than helpful.
by Spera219
29 Sep 2018, 00:01

Re: Name change petition

I verified it is possible, but with a court order. He changed his name after his marriage to my grandmother, probably her idea 😐. There are no living relatives.
by Spera219
27 Sep 2018, 16:12

Name change petition

I’m doing well gathering all the documents for my citizenship application. As I mentioned before my grandfather (decreased) decided to change his name after his marriage which causes me to need a court order to correct them. I have supporting documentation (fathers/uncles birth certificates, death c...
by Spera219
23 Sep 2018, 23:04
Topic: Passport & Green Card?
Views: 1430

Re: Passport & Green Card?

His death certificate doesn't state a Nationality. Census info I've found thus far is riddled with errors or is missing. My grandfather was born in 1907, here is the problem with the census data i found: 1900 - Found the Family with given names and surnames switched. GG Parents and Great Uncle info ...
by Spera219
21 Sep 2018, 14:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Comune Letter Review
Replies: 3
Views: 1363

Re: Comune Letter Review

I will send it in a PM. I will put it on the forum after I know its good.. Thanks .
by Spera219
20 Sep 2018, 22:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Comune Letter Review
Replies: 3
Views: 1363

Comune Letter Review

Would anyone mind reading my Comune record request for Grammer and accuracy?

Thank You