Search found 7015 matches

by liviomoreno
26 Jan 2024, 08:41
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: He was born...
Replies: 4
Views: 200

Re: He was born...

darkerhorse wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 00:28 Also, when referring to your grandfather which is correct?

Il mio nonno or mio nonno?
"mio nonno"
by liviomoreno
26 Jan 2024, 08:40
Topic: He was born...
Views: 200

Re: He was born...

If, in the Italian language, you want to say "he was born...." for a person born 129 years ago, are you required to use the past absolute (fu nato) or is the present perfect equally acceptable (e' nato). I've been using the present perfect, but after reading a basic grammar book I now won...
by liviomoreno
24 Jan 2024, 07:47
Topic: Translation of Birth Record - Giuseppe Gandolfo
Replies: 5
Views: 249

Re: Translation of Birth Record - Giuseppe Gandolfo

Road2Gandolfo wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 04:31 Thank you so much. There is still one part I am not sure of. It is the area in reference to Struppa Maria

Present as witnesses to the above and to this act were Struppa Maria, aged seventy donna di casa (housewife), and Francesco Ottoveggio, aged fifty-two, farmer,
by liviomoreno
23 Jan 2024, 08:07
Topic: Translation of Birth Record - Giuseppe Gandolfo
Replies: 5
Views: 249

Re: Translation of Birth Record - Giuseppe Gandolfo

Hello! Can someone help with the translation of this birth record from Marsala, Sicily? I have attempted to translate the document myself but am having a hard time with some of the translation. It is the first record on the page Name: Giuseppe Gandolfo Page 201, number 1216 https://antenati.cultura...
by liviomoreno
21 Jan 2024, 08:44
Topic: Can someone decipher Italian into English ?
Replies: 2
Views: 154

Re: Can someone decipher Italian into English ?

On 7 July 1880 the midwife Rosa Bernardelli declared that Eutichiano Zucchini was born on 4 July to Angela Pradella wife of Innocente Zucchini
by liviomoreno
17 Jan 2024, 07:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Seidenari/Sedunary
Replies: 2
Views: 137

Re: Seidenari/Sedunary

I am tracing any links to a G iu seppe Seidenari(?) He becomes known as Joseph Sedunary and his Son Joseph Edward Sedunary migrates to South Australia... G iu seppe has various dates of birth on all the online work I can find from 1756 to 1777.. On Joseph Edward's marriage Certificate to Anne Matti...
by liviomoreno
15 Jan 2024, 08:14
Topic: translate Marriage Record
Replies: 8
Views: 370

Re: translate Marriage Record

Livio, if both the father and grandfather of the bride were each 61 years old when they died and they died only 8 years apart, that would mean that the grandfather was only 8 years old when his son was born. That's not possible. I think that the grandfather was 86, not 61 when he died. Correct? Ron...
by liviomoreno
14 Jan 2024, 16:36

Thanks Livio. I still need help. 1. In the following Allegati link further on from the page you sent me, I can make out everything except the name of the deceased person. Mattia Mendola Also, is this deceased person the first wife of the groom? Yes https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua41...
by liviomoreno
14 Jan 2024, 08:36

In the following 4 page marriage link: 1. Page 1 - Does the bride have any known parents. Cosimo (deceased) and Filippa Chiappone (54yo) 2. Is there any important genealogical information on pages 2-4? https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua412187/LyP1OXD On this link you will find the &qu...
by liviomoreno
13 Jan 2024, 08:51
Topic: Request 1825 Marriage Translation on Rosaria D'Angelo
Replies: 3
Views: 254

Re: Request 1825 Marriage Translation on Rosaria D'Angelo

8 april 1825 is the date of the marriage promise (left column). The actual marriage (right column) was celebrated by the parish priest on 30 April.
by liviomoreno
05 Jan 2024, 08:56
Topic: Death Record Translation
Replies: 9
Views: 455

Re: Death Record Translation

Sebastiano Battiato died in the Hospital 29 Dec 1888, aged 47, a beggar, he ws the son of the deceased Giuseppe (the name of the mother was not known) and husband of Maria Ardizzone
by liviomoreno
05 Jan 2024, 08:48
Topic: Birth Record Guiseppe Mansi
Replies: 3
Views: 264

Re: Birth Record Guiseppe Mansi

A second side note indicates that Giuseppe Mansi married Francesca Forte on 18 Nov 1899
by liviomoreno
12 Dec 2023, 15:58
Topic: Translation Request Marriage Certificate Thanks
Views: 572

Re: Translation Request Marriage Certificate Thanks

Date of Marriage (religious): 24 March 1883 Groom: Domenico Tasso, 21yo, born and residing in Villa Castellana son of Giovanni (son of late Domenico) and Domenica ?agassia (daughter of deceased Bernardo) Bride: Margarita Fabbiniani, 16 yo, born in Codogno, residing in ???, daughter of Girol??? (son ...
by liviomoreno
08 Dec 2023, 08:48
Topic: Translation help Angelo Vanzo
Replies: 1
Views: 239

Re: Translation help Angelo Vanzo

Angelo Vanzo: Dob 13 August 1807
F: Pietro Vanzo, peasant, 33yo
M: Cattarina Boffo, peasant, 28yo
Witnesses:
Francesco Boffo, 65yo, grandfather of Angelo