Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have a death record from 1841 of my paternal line's grandpa's great grandfather.
I need some help reading his parents on here (in the bottom paragraph). I think it says his father is Civiaco; is that an actual name? And it looks like his mother's name was Guarqia Franisi? These would have been people from the 1700's in Avellino so I have no idea what sorts of names were common back then. Any help would be appreciated!
One of the most fun things that I discovered in my research was finding my look alike ancestor, Prince Marino Caracciolo II. Don Marino descends from the Caracciolo Rossi family, one of the oldest families in Naples, that date back to 950 AD. He was born in Atripalda on 9-6-1587 and died in Naples o...