It is difficult to see what is above and below the rifles on the hat insignia. US army infantry used a similar insignia with a number above to indicate the army and a letter below to indicate the company.
Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make out those as well even upon a close examination of the picture. I will see if I can look up some army infantry examples though.
fadippides wrote:Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make out those as well even upon a close examination of the picture. I will see if I can look up some army infantry examples though.
I've made several cousin connections using ancestry.com. With many of them we will simply exchange an email here and there on ancestry.com and compare some notes. I find that most people go to ancestry.com mainly to have a DNA test, an aren't that interested in building a family tree, making connect...