It is difficult to see what is above and below the rifles on the hat insignia. US army infantry used a similar insignia with a number above to indicate the army and a letter below to indicate the company.
Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make out those as well even upon a close examination of the picture. I will see if I can look up some army infantry examples though.
fadippides wrote:Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make out those as well even upon a close examination of the picture. I will see if I can look up some army infantry examples though.
Ever since I was a little boy, my dad would show me my great grandfather's card, and tell me that he was a count in Italy. I was always intrigued by that, but never really thought about asking my grandmother questions, or anyone else for that matter. About ten years ago, as more and more information...