Search found 33 matches

by volpin
30 Mar 2021, 14:06
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Which comune/i good to register for obtaining Italian citizenship
Replies: 2
Views: 4862

Which comune/i good to register for obtaining Italian citizenship

Buongiorno I have most documents that are needed to lodge my citizenship request and instead of doing it through a consulate, I am planning to spend some time in Italy and do the process there. I believe you do not have to do this in the comune that your ancestor came from and I have been looking at...
by volpin
02 Nov 2020, 22:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Volpin & Sartorato from Veneto
Replies: 1
Views: 359

Volpin & Sartorato from Veneto

Buongiorno I am looking for clues/sources regarding two family members both from the region of Veneto: 1] (Anna) Pasqua SARTORATO who we think was born in/around Bovolenta, Padova around 1869-1872. She emigrated with her family (father, mother, brother, brother's wife, brother's son/nephew) to Brazi...
by volpin
02 Nov 2020, 21:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Eligible for Italian Citizenship (GGF-GF-F) ?
Replies: 18
Views: 8574

Re: Eligible for Italian Citizenship (GGF-GF-F) ?

over time we found some documents and information. It's a long process! Great-great-grandfather: Paolo VOLPIN - Born in Italy & Died in Italy Great-great-grandmother: Teresa CAPPATO - Born in Italy & Died in Italy Great-grandfather: Giovanni VOLPIN - Born in Ceregnano, Rovigo, Italy in 1853 ...
by volpin
03 Feb 2016, 02:40
Topic: VOLPIN - need Death Record (GGGF) & Birth Record (GGF) from Veneto region
Replies: 4
Views: 7557

Re: VOLPIN - need Death Record (GGGF) & Birth Record (GGF) from Veneto region

Hello, we found the birth certificate from my GGF Giovanni Volpin!!! Very excited!!! Some information does not link 100% and I was wondering whether it could be an issue. Can I link (Italian birth certificate) Giovanni Volpin Born in 1853 Father: Paolo Volpin Mother: Teresa Cappato with (Brazilian d...
by volpin
13 Jan 2016, 04:58
Topic: VOLPIN - need Death Record (GGGF) & Birth Record (GGF) from Veneto region

Re: VOLPIN - need Death Record (GGGF) & Birth Record (GGF) from Veneto region

Thank you Suanj ! Yes, I look from time to time to see if I can find something new, esp. if there are new developments (in this case the fact my children might have to choose one of their nationalities). I know a lot of documents are being scanned and put online so I am hoping I might get lucky one ...
by volpin
04 Jan 2016, 09:14

VOLPIN - need Death Record (GGGF) & Birth Record (GGF) from Veneto region

Buongiorno, and a good 2016 to all ! I am looking for practical help to retrieve documents related to the birth and/or baptism of my Italian-born great-grand-father (GGF) and the death certificate of his father, my great-great-grand-father (GGGF) so I can apply for Italian citizenship. The reason fo...
by volpin
28 Sep 2014, 13:00
Topic: Italian Exit Document (Port of Departure)
Replies: 11
Views: 3348

Re: Italian Exit Document (Port of Departure)

Hi Marty, Joao's (or better, Giovanni's or Giacomo') parents were Paolo (Paulo in Portuguese) Volpin and Teresa (Theresa in PT) Capato. The two Volpin's born in 1856 and 1859 are certainly interesting. Padova is the province north of Rovigo, approx 50KM away. The parents' names do not match but I wo...
by volpin
22 Sep 2014, 14:47

Re: Italian Exit Document (Port of Departure)

Cheers Peter, thanks a lot! It is a very useful site, cisei. I have not seen it before. The earliest Volpins on this list are Domenico and Sante in 1888. However their names would logically not be changed into Joao, unless there was no link with the original Italian name. In addition, on Joao Volpin...
by volpin
20 Sep 2014, 08:55

Italian Exit Document (Port of Departure)

Good day, We are interested in documentation related to my Italian-born Great-Grand-Father (GGF), Giovanni or Giacomo VOLPIN. When he arrived in Brazil (he settled in Pedreira in Sao Paulo state), they changed his name to the Portuguese version, João (that is why we do not know what the Italian vers...
by volpin
20 Sep 2014, 08:27
Topic: Birth Certificate from ROVIGO (Veneto region) around 1855
Replies: 5
Views: 4182

Re: Birth Certificate from ROVIGO (Veneto region) around 185

We are a Roman Catholic family and emigrated from Italy.
by volpin
23 Sep 2013, 16:46
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: ROVIGO in 1850-1860: part of Venice or Austria?
Replies: 5
Views: 4665

Re: ROVIGO in 1850-1860: part of Venice or Austria?

Hello! Thanks for the messages. As far as I know, the Volpin family came from Italy and they had distinct Italian and catholic traditions, so I am not sure about the family originating from Russia and/or from a Hebrew background. it could of course be that e.g. the GF of my GGF came from elsewhere (...
by volpin
20 Jul 2013, 18:31
Topic: Easy & Difficult Italian consulates
Replies: 9
Views: 4331

Re: Easy & Difficult Italian consulates

on the consulates, mler I think you are right about Brazil, but I should find out if there is a difference between Switzerland and Australia (we will have legal residence in both places).
by volpin
20 Jul 2013, 18:11

Dear mler, jennabet Looking back so far in the past during a time when areas changed hands frequently is clearly not an easy task and I thank all of you for your honest input. On the following website I found http://www.esteri.it/MAE/EN/Italiani_nel_Mondo/ServiziConsolari/Cittadinanza.htm 4. GRANTIN...
by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 22:18

good day, my GGF came from Rovigo, not Rovigno. Rovigo is close to the Po river in present day Italy, south of Venice, on the provincial and regional border with Emilia Romagna. Volpin is (apparently) a typical surname from this area meaning "little fox". I was told it was annexed to Italy...
by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 19:29

Easy & Difficult Italian consulates

Hello there When reading various posts I noticed that once I have the required documents collected to make a citizenship application, I need to send it to the consulate of the country where I am resident (and not from where I am a national). I am asking this because I am Brazilian, I currently live ...