Search found 32 matches

by KathyLPV
07 Feb 2020, 09:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Mille Grazie a tutti !
Replies: 1
Views: 192

Mille Grazie a tutti !

I just stopping by - To thank all of you who helped me find [some] of mia bisnonno e bisnonna. You sent me the baptismal record of my bisnonna, Emilia PACILEO, her marriage record to Ferdinando GRASSI, & the birth record of my husband's nonno, Alberto [turned out Amberto ?] VIGNOLINI. Thanks to you,...
by KathyLPV
07 Feb 2020, 09:19
Topic: Date/Place of Birth Information - Ciro Dileo
Replies: 11
Views: 635

Re: Date/Place of Birth Information - Ciro Dileo

Greetings, just hunting mia famiglia. These folks are SuPeR! They found my bisnonna e bisnonno data & gave me links to both marriage & baptism - got it all in one day! They also traced my husband's nonno, with a link to his birth record. Amazing folks here. I'm writing because I am searching a Di Le...
by KathyLPV
13 Jul 2019, 04:18
Topic: Procedures to write IT Ufficio dello Stato Civile?
Replies: 24
Views: 12522

Re: Procedures to write IT Ufficio dello Stato Civile?

Ciao Marty, Liveo & Jennabet, VIGNOLINI siblings finally solved! I went to the NYC Municipal Archives with my daughter. She was looking for "Alberto" [aka Amberto} VIGNOLINI. Just happened that a "pro" genealogist was there & helped her find an "Alien Case file" ca 1941 under his US name, Alberto. S...
by KathyLPV
25 Jan 2019, 02:45
Topic: 's what happens when you listen to Family "Stories" told . . .
Replies: 2
Views: 368

's what happens when you listen to Family "Stories" told . . .

Hi, I'm back, had problems with my Email addy &/or Password. Haven't been in since Feb 2016 -18? Which is why I never responded to either of you - Still, Thank You muchly! 1 Any ole who, I did find my bis-bisnonni Gherardo Lo PINTO,b 1803 & Teresa La Bolita marriage records! & back to his parents Do...
by KathyLPV
25 Jan 2019, 02:07

Glad to finally be back in, problem w/my password, email addy?
OPPS - See my New Post:" 's what happens when you listen to the Family "Stories" told . . ."
by KathyLPV
25 Jan 2019, 00:20
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Looking for Addresses Otranto, Lecce & Bagheria, Palermo
Replies: 3
Views: 6097

Re: Looking for Addresses Otranto, Lecce & Bagheria, Palermo

Sorry I haven't been here for a few years, I was "locked out" for some reason & just got back in. Thanks for all your help. I did write Lecce Officio de Stato Civile for the DOB of my bisnonno, Ferdinando GRASSI, b 1840, via his [long] marriage record, age 30 in Otranto Lecce Puglia in 1870, that I ...
by KathyLPV
21 Feb 2016, 04:08

Marty, Livio, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa! I just realized on the birth record of Amberto Vignolini, the date, "milleottocentosettant nove" is 1879; NOT 1869! In Italian the number 60 is sessanta, & # 7o is settanta. That means there's still no brother found. Still, I got other info from the sis...
by KathyLPV
18 Feb 2016, 21:52

Marty, Thanks. I've tried looking page by page. It's a Pain-in-a-neck!!! Because every town, every year has a gazillion pages to look through! AGUH. And, to really see the names, you have to enlarge the page - big time. You'd have to work only on that for months on end - 24/7! That's why I'm so amaz...
by KathyLPV
17 Feb 2016, 09:09

Livio, Thanks, the names Amberto & Alberto are close, but not the same. Many names are "close" & there are many variants to names all over Italy, my great uncle was "Umberto". Seems like Raffaele & Emilia, for some reason named all 3 of their children with names beginning with A: Amberto, Armida, & ...
by KathyLPV
15 Feb 2016, 22:16

Marty, Amberto did die - but in WWI, not as a child. That's when & why Alberto came to the USA. That was all we ever knew about Alberto, that he had a sister in the convent in IT, and a brother who died in WWI. & we thought his name was Umberto! Notice there's 10 years between the two & Armida was b...
by KathyLPV
15 Feb 2016, 08:55

This is getting to be one amazing week! First my bisnonni & possibly going back to my 4th Great Grandfather, from not even have a DOB for my 1st Great Grandfather! And now this, my husband's Grandfather's sisters birth record! The other one, Amberto I got before some how, maybe here. But this is Alb...
by KathyLPV
13 Feb 2016, 22:04

Marty, Livio, Che Bello! Magnifico! Unbelievable. I never thought to look at anteneti for San Cherice, even though Francesco listed it as his "last residence" on his Ship manifest to the USA in 1900. [I saved that manuscript.] He died in NYC. But since he was in the Bersaglieri & moved a lot, I neve...
by KathyLPV
13 Feb 2016, 05:10

Re: Looking for Addresses Otranto, Lecce & Bagheria, Palermo

AmaZing! Grazie Mille Livio.
Prato & Otranto were the hardest to find. And the other 2 sites had so many addresses, I couldn't tell which was what. You've been a huge help for me, now off to write these places.
Buon fortuna & Vada con dio
by KathyLPV
11 Feb 2016, 22:47

Looking for Addresses Otranto, Lecce & Bagheria, Palermo

Ciao, 2 weeks off to work. I'm looking for the Ufficio di Stato Civile for Otranto, Lecce, Puglia & Bagheria, Palermo, & Prato, Tuscana. I've checked these web sites, niente! If there is one, I haven't been able to find the exact addresses to write to. Non parlo italiano. I'm also writing Churches i...
by KathyLPV
11 Feb 2016, 22:16

Marty, Thanks a lot for that. I wasn't sure if anything changed since Dave & Steve guided us. I figured you don't have to pay for civil records, just offer to send a donation for their efforts & postage. Glad you said I have to send an ID for them! Didn't know that. Drivers license is OK? Doesn't ha...