Search found 1213 matches

by jennabet
29 Nov 2017, 11:49
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records
Replies: 8
Views: 230

Re: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records

Do you have the Oath along with the petition? If you don't have an oath then he didn't naturalize as a result of the petition he filed when he lied about his age and his residency. I would start looking for another petition AND oath filed after he got married. Was the woman he married in 1906 an Ame...
by jennabet
27 Nov 2017, 13:25
Topic: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records
Replies: 8
Views: 230

Re: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records

Are you sure this is him? If he arrived in 1899, he would have been required to have maintained permanent residency for five years before being allowed to file a petition for citizenship. That and the age of 19 makes it doubtful.
by jennabet
11 Nov 2017, 12:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Gammaro family
Replies: 57
Views: 1084

Re: Gammaro family

sometimes it was.... but by my knowledge, I know, that in the past time, when a family's surname, from another town, moved and started another branch of family, in a town where the same surname was already present, as an autochthonous one, the mother's maiden name was added to differentiate the dif...
by jennabet
11 Nov 2017, 12:30

Since Domenico is an only child, could he have been a foundling? A child that Salvatore "adopted" in Italy and then brought to Brazil? Of course, this would mean Domenico has entirely different parents -- but how do you find them?
by jennabet
10 Nov 2017, 17:05

Do you think it's possible Domenico was born in Brazil and his father took him to Italy and then they went back to Brazil again on the ship manifest you have? If he was just traveling with his father, he would be listed on manifest as Domenico Gammaro.
by jennabet
10 Nov 2017, 13:56

I would start looking in Brazil for the birth certificate of Domenico Sammarco (Samaritano) Gammaro. They don't use the mother's name in Italy.
by jennabet
10 Nov 2017, 11:37

Are you sure Domenico wasn't born in Brazil? The reason I mention this is because in Italy, babies are not given the name of both parents. He would not have received the name Domenico Sammarco Gammaro in Italy. He would have only been given the name of his father (Gammaro). But in Spanish/Portuguese...
by jennabet
09 Nov 2017, 14:21
Topic: For Suanj - A Different Kind of Question
Replies: 2
Views: 117

Re: For Suanj - A Different Kind of Question

OK thanks for your comments, Suanj. If anyone here has relatives from Abruzzo with significant hairloss, I would be interested to know.
by jennabet
09 Nov 2017, 10:49
Topic: For Suanj - A Different Kind of Question
Views: 117

For Suanj - A Different Kind of Question

Suanj, since you are from a region (Molise) that was once part of Abruzzo, have you ever done any in depth research and/or what are you thoughts on where the Abruzzese people really came from and from whom they may have inherited the baldness gene? All four of my grand-parents were born and raised i...
by jennabet
07 Nov 2017, 10:55

Suanj, you say the mother, Maria Carolina did not go with the husband and son to Brazil and that she died young but you did not find her death act in San Lucido so possible she died in another town but where and when? Is it possible that she was abandoned by the husband and son who went to Brazil an...
by jennabet
07 Nov 2017, 09:26
Topic: Healthcare for dual citizen w/ US salary living in Italy up to 6 months
Views: 187

Re: Healthcare for dual citizen w/ US salary living in Italy up to 6 months

I would get the healthcare aspect confirmed by your American employer because if you don't have residency in Italy, you can't get on the national healthcare system even if you're a citizen, although you would be entitled to emergency care. For the other questions, the consulate that has your AIRE re...
by jennabet
05 Nov 2017, 17:22
Topic: Vito Fusco
Replies: 4
Views: 179

Re: Vito Fusco

If your great-grandfather, Giorgio naturalized on his own in 1924, you will not need to submit any information for his father, Vito. My grand-father was also a minor when he arrived, age 16 to join his father who was already here. My grand-father naturalized on his own in 1923 and I did not have to ...
by jennabet
02 Nov 2017, 15:53
Topic: Should I apply through Mother or Grandmother-Mother
Replies: 1
Views: 116

Re: Should I apply through Mother or Grandmother-Mother

You must apply through the last ancestor that was born in Italy. In this case, it's your mother and not her mother.
by jennabet
02 Nov 2017, 15:46
Topic: Jure Sanguinis translation question
Replies: 1
Views: 109

Re: Jure Sanguinis translation question

If you used a translator recommended by your consulate they should all be accepted.
by jennabet
26 Oct 2017, 12:52
Topic: Is Divorce Decree Needed?
Replies: 14
Views: 920

Re: Is Divorce Decree Needed?

If your previous marriage took place before 1983, you will need to provide the divorce information. If your previous marriage took place after 1983 and you have children as a result of that marriage, you will also have to provide divorce information. If the above does not apply, you might go to your...