Search found 1324 matches

by jennabet
Yesterday, 13:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: It doesn't hurt to look
Replies: 12
Views: 204

Re: It doesn't hurt to look

By the way, this happens all over Italy, and not just in my commune. Italians can be very creative with "space" when it comes to keeping families together, plus, in many cases they have the personal building/architectural expertise to do it themselves.
by jennabet
Yesterday, 11:24

I know it's common for apartment buildings to change like that. A real estate investment company bought up several apartments in my building and made them into mini flats. So what used to be apt. #15, #16, #17 is now #15, 15a, #16, 16a, #17, 17a. It's also common for people owning a large apartment ...
by jennabet
17 Sep 2018, 12:46
Topic: Gammaro family
Replies: 70
Views: 2353

Re: Gammaro family

My neighbor in Texas born in Monterrey, Mexico sometimes went by his father's name and sometimes he went by his mother's name but he never used both names together. In Argentina up until 2006, children received their father's name only because the Argentinian population was/is at least 70% Italian o...
by jennabet
15 Sep 2018, 23:35
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Dual Citizenship Help
Replies: 22
Views: 386

Re: Dual Citizenship Help

Good luck in your quest. In venues such as this you are certainly free to choose whichever information you feel suits your particular situation the best.
by jennabet
15 Sep 2018, 23:25

The Roman acqueduct in Sulmona is shocking. You are walking through what looks like just another hill town and then suddenly you come upon this magnificent scene with a backdrop of Gran Sasso the highest mountain in Italy. I was there this summer with my family. My brother-in-law is an artist and he...
by jennabet
15 Sep 2018, 22:43

Until I moved to Europe, I hadn't realized how easy it is to find old buildings. I thought I should share this in case you find yourself in the same situation. Many old buildings are still in use today. With help from Tessa, I was able to find an address for the house where my great grandmother was...
by jennabet
15 Sep 2018, 21:14
Topic: Italian citizenship renounced as a child/ minor
Replies: 11
Views: 177

Re: Italian citizenship renounced as a child/ minor

In my family 17 second-generation first cousins were all born in the USA. Some have the Italian passport like myself and some don't. While all of us were born to two Italian-American parents, some are restricted by 1948 and some have a grand-father who was naturalized at the wrong time. Luck of the...
by jennabet
15 Sep 2018, 21:03
Topic: Missing Document Question
Replies: 6
Views: 236

Re: Missing Document Question

Her maternal great grandfather was born in Italy, and married her American great grandmother (in America). He filed a declaration of intent to become a citizen but never actually finalized it (confirmed with USCIS) however, on the two census records after he emigrated, he is listed as "naturalized....
by jennabet
15 Sep 2018, 19:28

Interesting. Americans who live in New York, Japan and Singapore know more about what goes on in Italy than do long term Italian residents/citizens. They're always "right" about our Italian elections too, LOL. Again it's called arrogance and ignorance.
by jennabet
12 Sep 2018, 20:35

In my family 17 second-generation first cousins were all born in the USA. Some have the Italian passport like myself and some don't. While all of us were born to two Italian-American parents, some are restricted by 1948 and some have a grand-father who was naturalized at the wrong time. Luck of the ...
by jennabet
12 Sep 2018, 19:18

Indeed, some people like to make it sound so easy. Just drop everything, lose your healthcare, go to Italy. Of course, your relatives probably won't mind the imposition at all. Just inconvenience everybody. It's your "right", afterall. No there is no other way. When your parents became Canadian citi...
by jennabet
12 Sep 2018, 15:55

No, the marriage certificate will give them the info they need about your grand-mother. You will also need your father's marriage certificate and your own if you're married.
by jennabet
12 Sep 2018, 09:47

You can apply in the commune if you reside permanently in the commune otherwise you would apply at your consulate.
by jennabet
12 Sep 2018, 09:43
Topic: Jure Sanguinis laws changing 2018
Replies: 13
Views: 432

Re: Jure Sanguinis laws changing 2018

Thank you for keeping us updated, mmogno.
by jennabet
11 Sep 2018, 19:30
Topic: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
Replies: 21
Views: 410

Re: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line

Jennebet, you have the unfortunate habit of assuming that your experience represents universal truth. Your insistence on this was the primary reason we were forced to ban you from the tapatalk forum. Apparently, the resentment lingers. I’m sorry. My packet did indeed include the petition, but I did...