Search found 1234 matches

by jennabet
Today, 00:24
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Not as "Italian" as we thought
Replies: 2
Views: 110

Re: Not as "Italian" as we thought

Interesting. Awaiting results myself. Initially, I wasn't interested in this type of testing until I saw a YouTube video of the DNA results for George Stephanopolis. He has four Greek grand-parents and his results came back 98% European. I have four Italian grand-parents all from the same region and...
by jennabet
16 Feb 2018, 14:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Election Ballots for Overseas Voters
Replies: 0
Views: 57

Election Ballots for Overseas Voters

I would like to advise voters who have received election ballots for the upcoming Italian election on March 4 to take at face value only the comments from anyone claiming to live in the Italian overseas district that has the fewest number of Italians because these comments don't reflect at all (and ...
by jennabet
13 Feb 2018, 20:23
Topic: So I qualify? Italian citizenship
Replies: 1
Views: 97

Re: So I qualify? Italian citizenship

You have a good case and don't have to worry about anything 1948 related regarding your paternal grand-mother.
by jennabet
06 Feb 2018, 12:22
Topic: Getting a passport with what proof of Italian citizenship
Replies: 4
Views: 165

Re: Getting a passport with what proof of Italian citizenship

You must be a legal, permanent resident of your commune in Italy to be able to use that commune's Questura (police station) to apply for a passport. If you're in a hurry and can't wait for the passport because you are moving to Italy, you can ask your consulate to expedite the passport if you have a...
by jennabet
04 Feb 2018, 18:36
Topic: Getting a passport with what proof of Italian citizenship
Views: 165

Re: Getting a passport with what proof of Italian citizenship

You can only obtain an Italian passport from the consulate which recognized your citizenship. Bring a copy of the email you received.
by jennabet
03 Feb 2018, 16:20
Topic: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano
Replies: 338
Views: 79507

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

NO experience with 1948. Consulates do not require translation of federal naturalization documents. By the way, if you have a lawyer, it might be a good idea just to go with his advice, no?
by jennabet
03 Feb 2018, 14:10

Naturalization documents do NOT need translation. Yes, All marriage certificates leading to the result of your birth are necessary. If you, yourself are still married, yes, yours is necessary.
by jennabet
31 Jan 2018, 18:14

It's election season. The vote takes place on March 4. Everyone is busy and will be even busier installing the new government.
by jennabet
28 Jan 2018, 16:15
Topic: documents requested re: 1st marriage
Views: 160

Re: documents requested re: 1st marriage

Yes, these are unreasonable requests. If you didn't have any children with wife number one to whom you were only married one year and that marriage took place after 1983, you did not have to give the consulate any information whatsoever regarding this marriage and divorce. It also makes perfect sens...
by jennabet
27 Jan 2018, 14:13
Topic: Translations & prospects for 1948 case
Views: 148

Re: Translations & prospects for 1948 case

I used an Italian translator for non-citizenship related documents. She charged 1,000 Euros for eight to ten full pages of text.
by jennabet
24 Jan 2018, 20:04
Topic: Dual citizenship help
Views: 152

Re: Dual citizenship help

In order to become naturalized as an Italian citizen in Italy, the requirements are the same for any immigrant except that for you instead of having to live in Italy for ten years, you would have to live there for three years. But you would also need to apply for a visa at your Italian consulate in ...
by jennabet
18 Jan 2018, 20:16
Topic: 1912 Rule
Replies: 6
Views: 228

Re: 1912 Rule

It doesn't matter whether an Italian minor lived in his father's household or not. He could have lived in his uncle's household or in a friend's household and still been naturalized along with his father when the father naturalized. There are only a few circumstances where a minor is not naturalized...
by jennabet
17 Jan 2018, 17:28
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?
Replies: 72
Views: 117368

Re: Why are Southern Italians darker than Northern Italians?

Hi, thanks for the updated and correct information about my people. Yes, Italians are Europeans and we are tired of hearing mis-information and untruths about ourselves. I looked at the composites, the graphs, and all 250 photos. Those pictured look like my relatives, friends and neighbors in Italy....
by jennabet
16 Jan 2018, 13:58
Topic: Application In
Replies: 6
Views: 213

Re: Application In

The function of the communes in Italy is to serve the needs of the Italian citizens that LIVE in the commune. For an American to think that the commune of an ancestor who hasn't lived there for more than 100 years has the automatic duty to drop everything and take up complicated citizenship processi...
by jennabet
08 Jan 2018, 22:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Muglia family
Replies: 34
Views: 675

Re: Muglia family

No, the death certificate is not important because the commune would have a record of Domenico if Carolina gave birth to him -- and it doesn't matter where the birth took place. By the way, at age 39, she probably reported Salvator's death in Brazil to the San Lucido commune so that she would be fre...