Search found 1102 matches

by bbivona
24 Sep 2021, 01:34
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Locate a birth registry
Replies: 3
Views: 453

Re: Locate a birth registry

Could this be her? Wrong town but right region, wrong date but close. Name: Barbara Scuderi Gender: Female Birth Date: 3 dic 1858 (3 Dec 1858) Birth Place: Francavilla Di Sicilia, Messina, Italy Father: Carmelo Scuderi Mother: Maria Fiumedinisi FHL Film Number: 1466590 Reference ID: 136 Scuderi is ...
by bbivona
08 Sep 2021, 02:30
Topic: Partial translation of Marriage Processetti
Replies: 2
Views: 718

Re: Partial translation of Marriage Processetti

The handwriting is difficult and a bit fuzzy. I think this is most of the key info. June 9, 1841, commune offices in Faicchio appeared Raffaele Biondi, age 25, born here, peasant farmer, domiciled here, son of deceased Benedetto Biondi, peasant farmer, and of the deceased Maria Lupone and Maria Rosa...
by bbivona
07 Sep 2021, 02:23
Topic: Can I please have this page translated. Is from the marriage proceeding documents
Replies: 7
Views: 886

Re: Can I please have this page translated. Is from the marriage proceeding documents

Roccavaldina is a definitely possibility. In the area there is also Roccalumera, but I don't see the surname there currently.
by bbivona
07 Sep 2021, 00:19
Topic: Cause of Death?
Replies: 4
Views: 756

Re: Cause of Death?

I agree with the above. I have seen it a few times. Only twice in my family research - once for someone killed while fighting in the war and once for someone who was murdered by his brother-in-law. Occasionally helping people here - I remember someone's relative crushed in a landslide. Point being, ...
by bbivona
06 Sep 2021, 20:47
Topic: Marriage record translation
Views: 740

Re: Marriage record translation

March 19, 1887, comune offices of Avellino, Michele Ternavazio, a single man, age 23, merchant, born in Avellino, resident in Avellino, son of deceased Francesco Ternavazio, who was a resident of Avellino, and of Carmela Labruna, resident of Avellino, and Rosaria Pacilio, a single woman, age 26, hom...
by bbivona
06 Sep 2021, 12:08
Topic: Can I please have this page translated. Is from the marriage proceeding documents
Replies: 7
Views: 886

Re: Can I please have this page translated. Is from the marriage proceeding documents

Comune of Oppido documenting deceased ancestors, #18, Domenico Donia, son of the deceased Giacomo, of Rocca di Sicilia, April 28 of (I believe) 1818. Released for the purpose of marriage, Oppido, July 16, 1834.
by bbivona
06 Sep 2021, 11:59
Topic: Help with Birth Registry Translation Saveria Donia
Views: 692

Re: Help with Birth Registry Translation Saveria Donia

December 5, 1840, at comune offices in Oppido appeared Giacomo Idonia, age 40, ox driver, domiciled in Oppido, who presented a female child and declared that she was born was born on December 4 at 6:18 to his wife Caterina Pezzano, age 30, laborer, domiciled in Oppido. The child was given the name o...
by bbivona
06 Sep 2021, 10:46
Topic: Giuliani Marriage Translation
Replies: 5
Views: 803

Re: Giuliani Marriage Translation

Thank you for your response, but I'm sorry, I don't have the original. I'm especially interested in the writing in the bottom third of the document. I hope it's decipherable! Here is the link to the original. Click on it for high resolution. You can save that and have a better image. http://dl.ante...
by bbivona
06 Sep 2021, 04:01
Topic: Giuliani Marriage Translation
Replies: 5
Views: 803

Re: Giuliani Marriage Translation

Can you post the link to the original document? If it's from FamilySearch or Antenati the original is a larger, high-resolution image and is way easier to translate.
by bbivona
31 Aug 2021, 21:58
Topic: Marriage Translation For Giuseppe Trentacosta 1853
Views: 767

Re: Marriage Translation For Giuseppe Trentacosta 1853

I'm glad it was useful. I should have checked more carefully on Ogliastro to find the old town.
by bbivona
31 Aug 2021, 13:35
Topic: Marriage Translation For Giuseppe Trentacosta 1853
Views: 767

Re: Marriage Translation For Giuseppe Trentacosta 1853

#34, November 13, 1853, at commune offices in Marineo appeared Giuseppe Trentacosta, an unmarried man, age 27, born in Marineo, laborer, son of deceased Giacomo Trentacosta who died at age 50 and of the deceased Giuseppa Mastropaolo, who died at age 50, who were domiciled in Marineo when living. and...
by bbivona
29 Aug 2021, 17:45
Topic: Ideas on the location?
Replies: 20
Views: 1525

Re: Ideas on the location?

Bu are some database abt naturalizations in Australia? Pietro went on 1926 and I believe never deported or imprisoned.. Maybe he naturalized after WWII, but no many Australian databases free on line... I know that in Australia wads a Cancellier ( without the final i) and he was born in Faedis, Udin...
by bbivona
29 Aug 2021, 17:25

No, not my ancestor....I belong to another genealogy website and try to help others there with all the things that you and all the other wonderful people here have taught me (which I'll be forever grateful for!).....If It is beyond my abilities, I either send them here or post the question for them...
by bbivona
29 Aug 2021, 13:21

Thanks for all the insight Y'all! Yeah, I got fixated on there being an i in the word :roll: He's found another record "Update - Page 40 of his "Enemy Alien" file shows birth as "Modono" maybe Modena." I thrashed around with that a bit ---Did NOT find a birth in June 1...
by bbivona
29 Aug 2021, 12:07
Topic: Translation of Birth Registry for Giuseppe Virgilio
Views: 700

Re: Translation of Birth Registry for Giuseppe Virgilio

February 3, 1850, comune offices in Monte Giuliano, appeared Rosa Barraco, age 45, midwife, who presented a male child and declared that he was born of Giuseppa Ruggirello, age 32, domiciled in Campagna di Bonagia and of Carlo Virgilio, her husband, age 32, farmer, domiciled with her, on February 2,...